The Santa Cruz County Office of Education is recruiting a Teacher of the Visually Impaired for the 2020/2021 school year!
Here is the link to apply:
Dual credentialed TVI/O&M preferred, but not necessary.
Why would you want to work at the Santa Cruz County Office of Education (SCCOE)?
• We have an AMAZING team of 2 other VI/O&M Teachers and a braillist/Alternative Media Assistant (we love to collaborate, support each other, and highly value laughter and chocolate in the workplace)
• Small caseloads, small travel requirements, lots of flexibility
• A very supportive Special Education director and administration
• The ability to do O&M lessons to the beach
• A wonderful office crew combined with our OI/Assistive Tech Teachers; our group keeps spirits high with fun extracurricular office get-togethers.
• Fun field trips- rock climbing, roller skating, trips on the O'Neill Sea Odyssey
• Access to the SCCOE Living Skills "Hub" for O&M and DLS lessons
• Great students and families!
More benefits include:
• A competitive benefits package
• The SCCOE has a partnership with Landed (landed.com) to help support employees in finding affordable housing within a reasonable commuting distance to our schools and offices.
• The newly launched SCCOE Workplace Wellness initiative aims to create a healthy workplace culture and staff wellness through policy and programming. They are developing a diverse suite of wellness-focused offerings that include education, nutrition, exercise, and mental-emotional resilience building. Current classes include yoga and mindfulness.
Please contact me if you are interested! I’m happy to answer any questions!
Thanks, Ali Chapin Kele