Forms for student progression through each stage of degree, certificate and credential completion are listed by program area below.
Preliminary Education Specialist & CRS Credentials
- Substitution Course Form (Request to use other coursework taken at SFSU or elswhere)
Program Area CAP forms - Preliminary & CRS Credential
- Early Childhood Special Education CAP Form
- Mild to Moderate Support Needs (formerly Mild Moderate) CAP Form
- Extensive Support Needs (formerly Moderate Severe) CAP Form
- Orientation & Mobility CAP Form
- Visual Impairments CAP From
- Student Teaching Application
Credential Exit Checklist
(Credential Services, located in Burk Hall 244, sends all students an exit checklist the semester of student teaching)
Health Education Requirement
Award of the Preliminary Credential & CRS Credential (Burk Hall 244)
Students work with Credential Analysts in the Credential & Graduate Service Center in Burk Hall 244, Phone: 415-405-3594, Email: email@example.com, to apply for the Award of the Preliminary Education Specialist Credential. In addition to coursework students may also need to meet the CPR, U.S. Constitution, and RICA tests requirements.
NOTE: The Preliminary Education Specialist Credential is valid for 5 years; refer to your Preliminary Credential document, issued through CTC, for renewal requirements. California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) issues all credentials.
Master of Arts
- Written English Proficiency Requirement (WEP)
- Advancement to Candidacy Form (ATC) - Graduate Division
- Culminating Experience Petition (CE) - Graduate Division
- SPED Master's Exam
- Continuous Enrollment Requirement
- Report of Completion (Contact Department or Faculty Advisor)