These petitions and forms help students progress through each stage of their Special Education degree and credential programs.
Preliminary Education Specialist & CRS Credentials
Credential Course Substitution Form
- Substitution Course Form (Request to use other coursework taken at SFSU or elswhere)
Health Education Substitution List
Program Area Credential Approved Program (CAP) forms - Preliminary & CRS Credential
- Early Childhood Special Education CAP Form
- Mild to Moderate Support Needs (formerly Mild Moderate) CAP Form
- Extensive Support Needs (formerly Moderate Severe) CAP Form
- Orientation & Mobility CAP Form
- Visual Impairments CAP From
Student Teaching Application: Submit application and required documents to SPED Department office in BH 156
Award of the Preliminary Credential & CRS Credential (Burk Hall 244)
Students work with Credential Analysts in the Credential & Graduate Service Center in Burk Hall 244, Phone: 415-405-3594, Email: email@example.com, to apply for the Award of the Preliminary Education Specialist Credential. In addition to coursework students may also need to meet the CPR, U.S. Constitution, and RICA tests requirements.
- Credential Exit Checklist: Credential Services sends all students an exit checklist the semester of student teaching
- Credential Forms (located in BH 244)
NOTE: The Preliminary Education Specialist Credential is valid for 5 years; refer to your Preliminary Credential document, issued through CTC, for renewal requirements. California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) issues all credentials.
Master of Arts - Checklists for Culminating Experience cap
- MA Exam checklist
- 894 Creative Work Project checklist
- 895 Field-Study checklist
- 898 MA Thesis checklist